just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Botanical Builder, one layer card

OK so yesterday, I announced I would be back with a very special card today. And I am going to post it right now. I hope you'll notice what's special on it...


Well not only is is a ONE LAYER card (on the outside), but I also managed to use that vine border cut in a way to keep the card intact. You may remember 2 cards I posted a while back where I only used it as a border. You can see those here and here.

Here is another view of today's card:


My little trick... I adhered a piece of Window Sheet to the inside to make the 2 pieces stay "connected".
But then when you open it you'd see this:



And because YOU know how anal I can be about little things... I decided to cover that now with the same color cardstock. And to get the cut in the exact same spot on the "liner", I cut the cardstock 1/8th of an inch smaller than then front and place it inside. Then I slid the edgelit inside and clused the card. Then moved the framelit into place while looking through the leave opening. Once in place, I gently opened the card and used a post-it sticky to secure the framelit in place.




Then I ran it through the BigShot and adhered the 2 pieces to the inside


That gave me the finished and clean look I was after. I know it may not bother others, but I thought the card looked so elegant that it deserved a nice inside as well...




Supplies used:


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!