just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Remarkable You - Sympathy

I needed a sympathy card for our neighbors as they just recently lost a loved one. Since he was an outdoorsy kind of person, I thought greens would be a good choice. 




To create the background, I did the direct to paper technique on watercolor paper. I swiped Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive and Garden Green ink pads across the paper and then spritzed it good with water to help the colors blend...

The focal image was heat embossed and then cut out by hand. This may not be anything special to you. But wait... it is for me. Since the new catalog does not have black embossing powder anymore! So it tried what I do at times with colored inkpads, but this time with the black archival pad. First I inked up my stamp with VersaMark ink and then inked it up with the black archival ink, then quickly stamped and sprinkled with clear embossing powder... then quickly heat embossed. It worked GREAT!!!! See:





Supplies used:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!