just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Monday, February 25, 2008

Back to doing Challenges!

Well since I've been out of the loop last week, I figured I'd give it a jump start and combine TWO challenges!

The Friday Blogger's Challenge was to use the colors Purely Pomegranate, Old Olive and Brilliant Blue.

Now if that wasn't challenging enough.... those colors just don't look right to "me" together.... but no, I still was determined to combine this with the Monday Lunchtime challenge issued by Mary Jo over at Technostamper. Her sketch was this:

Sketch 6

Don't forget to go over to her blog after noon, to find a list of participants for today's layout!

So with all this said, I am still not sure if it was just a tough combination or I am still suffering a "Anesthesia hang-over" or what. But I am not very thrilled with this card! But I think we all have had moments similar to this one, and I figured it's only fair to show the card and ask for your forgiveness in advance ;-) I feel that this truly is NOT my best work or moment. The only positive thing to report is that I am happy with my embossed circle (made with Spellbinder's Nestabilities) on this card:

challenges gone bad

18 comments:

  1. LOL...you're so funny. I hope you are doing well, and I am happy that you are back. We ALL have those days when we are less than thrilled with our creations, but in the words of Scarlet O'Hara - Tomorrow is another day.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claudia,,,I'm so happy you were able to get up and craft! I've been thinking of you and hope your doing well! And your crazy..your card looks GREAT! Specially with a "hangover"! LOL I'm so jealous tooo...you bought some nestabilities??? I dont know how many times i've put them in a shoppng card and then x'd the page out....They are so darn expensive! I'll have to see how yours work! Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see ya back to stampin. You are on tough cookie, I would still be laying around complaining, lol! I love you card. The use of the ribbon is great. Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing at all wrong with this card. Love your embossed circle, aren't those Nestabilities the greatest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are back and hope your are dong well. Your card looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job considering all your juggling on your plate. Your circle is delightful, and I'm so jealous 'cause I don't have those Nestabilities...
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's terrific! : ) Hope you're feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Claudia, glad to see you back! You did fine on your card! Cool that you used the Nestabilities on your card...I'm interested in those also!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is cute Claudia, at least you stamped a card. I'm back in a slump again. So I am now inspired to give it a try!! Hope you are feeling 100% soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think there is anything wrong with this card at all. I love those felt flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute card! I love those felt flowers! I am so going to have to order those on my next order!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely, happy you got feelin' well enuf to play! Just take care of you right now, and you w/heal quick. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you are back at it..I have been thinking of you and sending you get well thoughts! Is there anything I can do for you? just let me know...I hear you had food out the yin yang!
    deidrelm@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card, I like the ribbon. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. glad to see your back to stamping! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the card. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!