just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Friday, March 7, 2008

Blogger's Challenge - Get into Shape!

Wasn't that a catchy title?! This week for the Blogger's Challenge Group we had to make a card that had to be any shape but the rectangle we always use...

Well - I was just thrilled that I could break out my Nestabilities (by Spellbinders) again!

I made a circle card that opens on the side. The front and the back for the card is actually held together by the scallops of the card itself! So it's a true "fold" card, not just a note card. I think I've used 5 shapes for my card... I may have gotten carried away a bit. But I just love layer anyway, and now with those "Nesties" it's just even so much easier... I've also used one of my new "Cuttlebug" embossing folders, called "Swiss Dots" - Can't wait to play with the others.

But for now, here is my card for this week:

FUN AND FAST NOTES_SHAPE CHALLENGE

Supplies:  Fun and Fast Notes Stamp Set, Brocade Blue CS + Ink, Rose Red + Old Olive Markers, StazOn ink, Watercolor Paper, White + Black CS, Black Gingham Ribbon. Brad, Staple, and "Love & Happiness" Rub-On's for greeting and lines below bird. Gelly Roll Clear Glitter Pen.

26 comments:

  1. WOWZA! That is beautiful and all those layers! You must be feeling really great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet spring bird! Darling card...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute, CUTE!! LOVE IT! Perfect colors, perfect combination of image and details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! Everyone is lovin the circles! Love your colors too

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I love the colors, and I just love that little birdie! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is PERFECT Claudia! I especially like that it really opens. Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great minds think alike girlfriend. Love that little birdie and your colors look wonderful with your image!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How very CUTE Claudia! I love that little birdie! What a fun card! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really, really cute, Claudia. I love that you used the white embossed layer too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just LOVE this scallop card! SUPER JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl, you've done it again! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely gorgeous!! Love it!! I'm so jealous of your Swiss dots embossing folder! I haven't gotten my hands on that one yet!! Love your card1

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is awesome, I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Claudia, this is the Sweetest!!!!! Love your perfect layers!!!!


    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh so pretty! I had thought about doing this but didn't like the small size (to confining I thought) Your card though is so cute that I have to rethink that idea. Love the colors and that swett little birdie.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is adorable! I love all the layers and texture!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh!!! This is SUPER CUTE!!! I love all the layers, cuttlebug, and that stamp is soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is so cute, Claudia! Love your watercoloring and the swiss dots are too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome challenge card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is just adorable! I love the layered scalloped circles and the embossed dots.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is just precious! I SO need nestabilities . . . seriously, why haven't I ordered them????

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, what a great card and love the swiss dots embossing. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh my cuteness!! this is A-dorable! Super Tweet! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. wowowowowwww, I love it...great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!