just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Friday, April 4, 2008

Blogger's Challenge - Layout

This week we were to create a card following the Layout on Page 65 in the SU Catty (Long Note). I didn't exactly use a "long note", but made my card fit into the common envelopes which are  6 1/2 by 3 5/8.

I made two versions of the same card (don't look Heidi!) because I wanted to be able to have people at stamp camp tomorrow choose from 2 different greetings. One would be for Father's Day and the other one could be used by people that don't have the need for Father's Day Cards...

Here you go:

challenge page 65

And the other one - same designer Paper Piece, I just used the backside:

boho backgrounds_friend

Supplies
Stamps: Boho Backgrounds, All Holidays
Paper: So Saffron, Very Vanilla, Bordering Blue, Close to Cocoa Prints DSP 
Ink: Basic Brown, Close to Cocoa Marker
Accessories: Vanilla Ribbon, Brads,
Dimensionals
Tools: Scallop Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, 1/4" Circle Punch, Boho Blossoms Punch, Color Spritzer Tool


Off to bed now...

Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. Both are great cards Claudia. I love the browns & yellows together. It's so thoughtful of you to think about those who don't have a need for father's day cards...while I always make a card for my FIL, my own dear dad passed away nearly 8 years ago. Holidays like Mother's Day & Father's Day always make me a little sad. Great job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the challenge! I like how you switched the patterned paper and sentiment to show the versatility of the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both wonderful! Great Father's Day card...can never have too many masculine card ideas!! Great job with the challenge...like you, I made mine a 3x6 card as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both wonderful Claudia! I especially love the Father'd Day sentiment...this is truly a wonderful masculine card! {SMILEs}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how just changing the dp and sentiment changes the feel. Wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice job on the challenge...love the detail of the brads on the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful woman! Deidre

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards. Super way to show how you can make a few changes to a card using the same layout but get two very different cards. The colors a wonderful. Great job...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just changing the DSP and sentiment show great versatility in the products!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both cards are fantastic! I like the speckles--really adds to the "boho" feel!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both are fantastic! Those colors work so well and are versatile for different occasions!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your fun and funky card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice job on both your cards. I like how you added the brads to the ribbon. Great colors and DP.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I really like both of the cards Claudia!!! Great job and love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Neato ...2 great cards! A real treat!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both cards are wonderful! I just love how you changed the feel of these cards by just changing the designer paper! Beautifully done! :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love them BOTH Claudia! Especially the colors. Very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Claudia, love them both. Great job with this layout!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!