just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Hostess Gift - Altered Cookie Sheet

I had a Stamp Camp at Heidi's house yesterday (Thanks again Heidi - I had a good time stamping with your friends!)... and as usual I was going to make a hostess gift for her, when one day she e-mailed me telling me she came across my altered cookie sheets on my blog and that she really liked those. WELL - that really helped me to make my decision. An altered cookie sheet it would be!

I think by looking at the one I made for Heidi, you all can tell that she REALLY likes the color PINK :-)

I've used Craft Inks on the chipboard letters, then "Heat and Stick", embossed that and then added our GORGEOUS "Fine Cosmo Glitter". I think it came out pretty cute!

Here you go:

heidis gift

Have a great Sunday...

Edited to add - TIPS/How to:

I didn’t paint my cookie sheets because some came in that toned down color and others came in black and brown. I just liked them the way they are. The size, I pretty much used which ever ones were on sale, but don’t like them larger than the 9x13


I’ve used strong adhesive so the paper won’t fall off. You know the “red-line” tape which is called “Tacky Tape”! That’s what I would suggest…


I don’t have actual directions. But it’s SOOOO easy!


All you do is buy cookie sheets either at the Dollar Tree or at Wal-Mart. Then measure the inside of the sheet. You’ll sometimes see a little border where the metal slants before it goes to the edge. That’s your point to measure! Let’s say it’s 13 ¾ wide by 8 tall. I would cut 2 pieces of Designer paper each that will be 8 tall by 7 wide (so you can overlap them).Then you round the outside corners and glue the paper to your sheet aligning it with the border you measured from earlier. (use Tacky tape)


I run a piece of ribbon over the seam, using Tacky Tape.


You can punch holes through the top ledge of the sheet using the Crop-a-Dile and feed ribbon through to hang, or use bookbinding clips (I think that's what they are called?) if you don't have that punch.


If you plan to add a Note pad, measure it and layer it with 1-2 coordinating colors, attach each layer with tacky tape and also to sheet with tacky tape.


The magnets: You can buy adhesive backed magnets at Wal-Mart. I use the ¾ inch ones, cover them with coordinating Cardstock. Then the little items stamped (like “Little Pieces” or “Little Flowers” or anything that you can punch out with the ½ inch circle punch…), punch those out adhere to covered magnets. Then use Crystal Effects and put a little puddle in the center (not too much or it will bleed!) and press small round flat glass marble onto it.


You can decorate more by using chipboard and glitter. You could print a calendar for next year and mat it and add it instead of the word…. You can print a title on your computer…. If you don’t want to use Designer Papers, you can always stamp Cardstock instead.


Have fun creating your own!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure she'll love it Claudia! It's beautiful! Love the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again claudia for my altered cookie sheet ... I LOVE IT ... A LOT!!! I even considered bringing it to work to house it there. And stamp camp was awesome and i really enjoyed it. Can't wait until i host another one :c)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Claudia! I came to look at your bloggers challenge for this week, but haven't checked you out in a bit, so stayed to browse...this cookie sheet is so cool-I was just asking my dh if he knew where I could get some metal sheeting to use for an idea/inspiration piece in my studio-a cookie sheet would be perfect! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!