just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Monday, April 14, 2008

Technostamper Sketch Challenge #13

O.K. I have to admit, sometimes looks are deceiving! When I saw the layout for this week, I thought "Oh good, an easy one!" - HA, NOT! I'll let you decide though... here is the sketch posted by Mary Jo:

sketch 13

I had several ideas in my head. And had one stamp that I wanted to use because I thought it would be perfect! It's the hostess set "A Little Bit of Happiness", all I needed to do, was turn the sketch to it's side.

So I started to play and stamped my main image and colored it all in. Then I created a background on a card and used the small Butterfly from the hostess set "Cause for Celebration". And when I looked at the 2 together, I didn't like it at all! So I made TWO cards, and here they are.

Card with Butterfly Background and focus on a greeting:

TSSC13_1

Supplies
Stamps: Cause for Celebration, Phrases for a Friend
Paper: Naturals White, Certainly Celery, Lovely Lilac, Basic Black, Pretty in Pink
Ink:
Certainly Celery, Lovely Lilac (Craft), Barely Banana, Pretty in Pink
Accessories: Ribbons, Rhinestone Brads,
Dimensionals

Tools: Swiss Dots Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug), Iridescent Ice EP

 

The 2nd card, with focus on image and some GLITTER:

TSSC13_2

Supplies
Stamps: A Little Bit of Happiness, Paisley, Circle of Friendship
Paper: Naturals White, Certainly Celery, Lovely Lilac, Basic Black, Pretty in Pink
Ink: Black StazOn, Watercolor Crayons

Accessories: Ribbon, Silver Eyelet, Aqua Painter, Dimensionals, Fine Cosmo Glitter

Tools: Crop-a-Dile, Circle Punches, Designer Label Punch, 2-way Glue Pen

 

Please be sure to check out Mary Jo's Blog right after lunch, to see who else is playing along today. I am sure there are some pretty interesting variations today! Enjoy...

 

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Look at you Claudia, you and Lisa were both able to make this work this way -- I am very impressed! Both cards are great--I really like the way you worked the ribbon through the first one. Super, thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great job Claudia, I love the 2nd card and how the sentiment is hanging from the image, love that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two totally different looks from one layout - they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two card, WOW I really like your first one, but they are both great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Claudia, both cards are WOW. Love the second one though! Having the sentiment hang from the image was very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both great looks, but I am partial to # 2 also....great challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!