just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Saturday, May 10, 2008

No Blogger's Challenge - but still a card

This week we were supposed to make a Mother's Day Card. Since I really didn't need one, I decided to sit this one out. But please check out the other players creations... it's not too late if you need to make a card!

I did however participate in a challenge where we had to create something that was inspired by the brown rug (from Pottery Barn Teen) pictured below:

rug

The card that I made is somewhat funkier than my usual work, but it came together nicely. It was lots of work... because I started out with the Chocolate Chip CS and embossed all the images in black EP. Then I used BLEACH, to "color" them all in so it would "erase" all the brown color. Then I went back and really colored them in, using my Blender Pen (it's been a while since I've used that tool...) and my Chalks.

Here it is:

inspiration_challenge

Supplies
Stamps: Time well Spent, Circle of Friendship, Little Flowers
Paper: So Saffron, Cameo Coral, Tempting Turquoise, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Ink: Versa Mark, Staz-On black,
Cameo Coral, Tempting Turquoise, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Ribbons, Rhinestone Brads,
Dimensionals
Tools: Circle Punches, Chalks, Blender Pen, Aqua Painter

 
I do want to wish a very Happy Mother's Day to all the Mother's out there though... Enjoy your special day! There really should be more than just one day a year to honor you for all you do!

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Wow Claudia! This is amazing!!! I love all the flowers and they are so bright! This looks just like that rug! LOVE IT! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card! I also used that same stamp for my challenge card! Great minds... I guess! LOL!! Your card turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, this card is phenominal, I couldn't even being to bleach out all those flowers without have flecks of bleach everywhere. You did an excellent job!!!! Love those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I'm diggin' this brown colorful flowery card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow.. diggin' this brown flowery colorful card! hint hint

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that turned out so beautiful! I like funky :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!