just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Monday, May 12, 2008

Technostamper's Sketch Challenge #17

This week's challenge is truly and wonderful versatile one! I loved it so much that I actually made several cards with it!

But let me show you the original sketch first. Here it is:

sketch 17

The first card, I actually made Saturday night during the big storm we had. Since my one dog is so paranoid and got me up at 3:00 am I thought I better put that time to use... and worked till the power went out. All I needed to add was the circle with the greeting. Since I turned the sketch, my card was supposed to look like this:


sketch 17


But I guess with working at such early hours and being annoyed with my dog it all didn't help me in planning through my layout. Because my card came out looking like this (not wrong, just the circle on the wrong side):


wonderful you1

Supplies
Stamps: Wonderful You + matching Jumbo Wheel
Paper: Kraft, Basic Black, Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, Very Vanilla
Ink:
Basic Black, Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, Sahara Sand, Perfect Plum Marker, Glitter Pen
Accessories:
Dimensionals, Color Spritzer Tool
Tools: Circle Punches, Stamp-a-majic



But then I thought, I'd better have one that represents the correctly turned layout. So I came up with this card:


wonderful you2


Supplies
Stamps: Wonderful You + matching Jumbo Wheel, Sanded
Paper: Kraft (older batch - looks different!), Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla
Ink:
Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel, Very Vanilla Craft Ink
Accessories: Dimensionals, Color Spritzer Tool, Ribbon
Tools: Circle Punches, Cutter Tool



And because I had some more Cardstock on my desk from trying out colors, I decided to use it and make it into the sketch as it was originally displayed. See:

wonderful you3

Supplies
Stamps: Wonderful You + matching Jumbo Wheel, Sanded, It's Your Birthday
Paper: River Rock, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Always Artichoke
Ink:
Chocolate Chip, River Rock, Very Vanilla Craft Ink with Chalks over Sanded Background
Accessories: Dimensionals, Color Spritzer Tool, Hemp
Tools: Sizzix Button Die with Cuttlebug


Please don't forget to go over to Mary Jo's Blog around noon to see who else is playing along this week!



Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Claudia, love all your cards for today's challenge! Great job! (this is getting scary, I almost used this set for my card, and we DID use the same set for the PBteen rug challenge card, ROFL!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you Claudia, where is the upside down one, lol. I love all of your cards and they all look so different even though they are the same sketch and same stamps. Great job. Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Claudia! You went to town with this sketch! And they all came out ravishing! PS- the last card could be flipped too. great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are putting us all to shame this week with all your cards you busy bee!!! Great job, love the flowers and how different the color change makes the card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo hoo, all your cards are great!!! Love that set, too bad I didn't buy it when it was on special. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look great Claudia! I see you used your new set too! What a perfect set for masculine cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW - you sure were busy - love the monochromatic look!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!