just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Layout Challenge Card

... don't look Mary Jo! Unless you have received it already ;-)  

I've participated in a card challenge on another list. We were given a sketch to follow and I was paired up with our Monday Lunchtime sketch hostess.... how funny is that. Mary Jo makes the most wonderful cards, so the pressure was on!

Here is the sketch we had to follow:

ssus530challenge


And this is what I came up with:

challenge_ssus

Supplies
Stamps: Embrace Life, Wonderful You
Paper: Basic Black, Groovy Guava, Shimmery White, Sahara Sand, Ruby Red, Ginger Blossom DSP
Ink: Staz-On black, Groovy Guava 
Accessories: Hodgepodge Hardware, Pretties Kit,
Dimensionals
Tools: Nesties, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Aqua Painter, Piercing Needle and circle plastic canvas


You may have to enlarge the photo to see the texture behind the blossom and the holes on the black circle. The holes were created by placing a small circle plastic canvas (needle point) over it. Then you just follow the correct circle around... but you have to pierce in the same spot. Since the holes are larger than the needle, I just pierced in the same corner each time - it worked well enough for me!

 

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty, love the use of the designer paper and your coloring of the flower. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!