just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Blogger's Challenge - Inspired by...

This week for our Blogger's Challenge we were given a photo as inspiration piece. Once I saw it, I sort of knew what I wanted to do...

Let me show you the photo first:

inspiration1108

I was torn between Really Rust, Ruby Red and Riding Hood Red. But I decided to use Ruby Red, because the rust didn't do it for me and the Riding Hood Red I had reserved for another project for my stamp club meetings next week.

Here is what I came up with:

wanted_bleach

It is a very simple yet elegant card, I think. I do want to draw your attention to the medallion though. . . it is not stamped in white or vanilla Ink! It's bleached ;-)   see the close up:

close_bleach

The sentiment on the card is not stamped *gasp* - it's a rub-on from the chit-chat sheet. They are soooo neat! There is a saying for every occasion - a must have! 

Supplies
Stamps: Wanted, Boho Backgrounds, Frames with a Flourish
Paper: Ruby Red, Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Ruby Red
Accessories: Ribbon, Brad,
Dimensionals, Rub-Ons
Tools: Scallop Circle Punch

I hope you all will have a wonderful Sunday!

Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. FABULOUS!! Love that bleached medallion....good thing you told us, 'cause it definitely looks like vanilla on screen. Another simple, but elegant card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent representation of the inspiration! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Claudia! I love the bleached medallion! Beautiful card this week! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bleached medallion and the layout that you used. Really pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty Claudia! Love how the medallion turned out, and the background is fantastic! Beautifully done! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card...love this take on the inspiration piece!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous! Love the design and use of bleaching. I forget about that technique so often! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooooooh! Claudia!! This is GORGEOUS! You captured the inspiration piece perfectly with this lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really Nice Card. Love how you bleached the medallion.

    ReplyDelete
  11. your card is gorgeous. Great carf, you rocked this challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!