just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Friday, December 12, 2008

Blogger's Challenge - Holiday Ornaments or Decoration

For our Blogger's Challenge this week we are supposed to post a Holiday Ornament or Decoration.

Well I have something ready that I haven't shared yet... but it was my last month hostess gifts. So it's not completely new, but still a Holiday decoration :-)

I've created a Christmas Tree with my Pennant die. I've cut 5 Pennant shapes, cut off the bottom edge, stamped on the cardstock with silver encore ink and glued the pieces together to form the tree. Then I punched holes into each scallop and fed the silver elastic cord through while adding some bling beads...

See here:

pennant tree_1

And another view:

pennant tree_2

I hope this sample inspired you to pull out that pennant die and make a tree for yourself... Sadly I didn't even make one to keep yet. I made 3 and they are all in other homes... so maybe I'll do one too.

Enjoy your Friday!

Photobucket

21 comments:

  1. Fantastic Claudia...so very creative and like nothing I've seen this year! Fabulous job with your tabletop tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool! I did one of these...but didn't think of the ornaments on it. I'll have to go modify mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not seen anything like this yet with the Pennant Die! FABULOUS!!! I REALLY, REALLY love this idea! Thank you Claudia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is terrific! Wow! I am SO going to try this. thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, you win Claudia. I'm taking my toys and going home. THIS is outstanding! Love everything about it. This will definately be cased - thanks for inspiring me this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I've seen some other trees, but your idea with the cording and beads really make the tree a WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous Claudia! Love it! Perfect as a gift for sure! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great way to use the pennant die - very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is wonderful!! Awesome use of that die.
    I live in Warner Robins, GA! So we are neighbors:)TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am yet to see this, and it is Fabulous. I love it. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, I didn't need the pennant die.....TIL NOW!!!!! This is SO cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How creative, Claudia! I love how you strung the beads as ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Claudia! This is beautiful and what a fantastic way to use that die! Very creative! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is too gorgeous for words...up until this, I didn't want that die at all! Now you've shown the perfect use for it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't bought that die, yet, but every time I see these trees I want to get it! Great job with the challenge...love the beads on yours!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Claudia, this is COOL!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super Cool. Great idea and well done.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so fun! Love how you added the "garland". Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is just beautiful!!! What an awesome idea! So very creative...great job with the challenge this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I don't even know what pennant die is but I love that tree!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!