just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Yummy in MY tummy

So on the weekend I decided I needed to make some Banana Bread to get rid of those unsightly Banana's in the fridge. Then I just happened to come across a recipe posted on a blog. It sounded really good so I gave it a try yesterday... And it IS really good!

Since my neighbor loves Banana Bread, I brought some over as soon as it was cool enough to wrap.

Here is what it looked like:

DSC00001-2

I know it's not much stamping going on here, but I wanted to show you another very quick and easy way to use this cute Sale-a-Bration Stamp Set in combination with the Lots of Tags Sizzlits!

And you might wonder why the tag looks so big in comparison to the Banana Bread... well, that's because I didn't use 2 regular size loaf pans but the Mini Loaf Pan from Pampered Chef that makes 4 small ones. See here:

mini loaf pan

For those of you that are interested in the recipe... here it is:

Anna Banana Bread

1/2 cup butter or margarine softened
8 oz cream cheese softened
1 1/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs
3 ripe mashed bananas
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 TBS brown sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts

Directions:
In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter/margarine and the cream cheese together. Gradually add the white sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one egg at a time, beating well after each egg. Stir in the mashed bananas and vanilla. Slowly add the brown sugar, cinnamon, flour, baking powder and baking soda. Mix until the batter is just moist. (careful not to mix too long after you've added the flour.) Fold in your choice of chopped nuts.

Pour the batter into two greased/floured 8x4" loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes on middle rack, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.

Once baked, let loafs rest in pans for 5 minutes, then carefully turn out of pan onto a cooling rack.

Mmm-mmm Good!

 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!