just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Big Shot meets Heat-N-Bond

I tell you, there really are NO limits! I had too much fun today by giving the old dog bed a needed do-over.

You see we've had this round puffy dog bed for a long time and just this week I've noticed some wear and tear holes. Well I was not the only one! Annie our puppy noticed them too and started to pull out the filling little by little. So I went and bought a new bed at SAMS the other day. But when I pulled the old one out of the corner and put the new one in, I could tell Annie didn't like it. I thought "tough, you'll get used to it". I took it to the kitchen to take out, and put it down for just a minute. That's when Annie laid back down on it, so I got her off. Then I went and reached for the garbage to take with me, turned around and yes you guessed it, she was on it again. Well, I didn't need to think much longer - she showed me that she really loved HER bed, and I decided to fix it.

I washed it and then pulled out some fabric, the heat-n-bond and followed the instructions to bond them together. I've cut out several shapes with the BigShot and Top Note (and Nestie Hearts), and ironed them onto the pillow case. Viola!

Here are the "after" shots:

closer

pet bed close

All 3 were not so sure at first:

new bed

But she still likes it:

annie on bed

I just wanted to say it only had like 2 holes, but 2 patches didn't look right so I did lots :-)  And I guess I can still add to them if we get more...   

4 comments:

  1. I have also enjoyed using heat and bond with my big shot - wanna see what i made?

    check it out!
    http://stampinpegcadillo.blogspot.com/2009/01/table-runners-la-stampin-up-sizzix.html
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGOSH...that is sooo funny Claudia! LOVE your story! :) I guess we know who's boss in your house ;).....what a super clever way to fix the dog bed...I've given up on dog beds at my house...I buy a new one and my rugrats tear it to shreds within a week...I've settled for blankets now for beds...they don't mess with those! LOL {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent use of the big shot...glad you made Annie happy again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! This would be great for a Mom and Me class. They could decorate a pair of jeans or something!
    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!