just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Blogger's Challenge and Technique Class

Well this week for the Blogger's Challenge we were supposed to CASE a fellow Blogger's Challenge Member (case = copy and share everything or copy and steal everything).

I came across Robin's Card and fell in love with the colors, texture, and simplicity of the layout!

robins card

But since I don't have that new embossing folder "yet" (it's on it's way - can't wait!)... I decided to make my card just similar and substitute the texture with a heat embossed background:

razzle_great friend

And that background brings me to my Technique Class! This month I've decided to re-visit an oldie but goodie: "Polished Stone". Well the background on the card above is actually a twist on that technique! Sort of like "Polished Stone Resist". To achieve this look, the Razzle Dazzle image was stamped in VersaMark ink randomly on glossy white CS and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. Then the "Polished Stone" Technique was applied over it. Once dry, the access was wiped off the clear embossed images. You need to click on the photo to see the shiny details!

Items used:

Item # Description
104336 Brads - Silver
102851 Card Stock - 8.5x11 - Basic Black
102599 Card Stock - 8.5x11 - Glossy White
101584 Card Stock - 8.5x11 - RR Taken with Teal
100730 Card Stock - 8.5x11 - Whisper White
102949 Classic Ink Refill - EE Not Quite Navy
100550 Classic Ink Refill - RR Taken with Teal
101179 Classic Stampin' Pad - Basic Black
103008 Classic Stampin' Pad - EE Not Quite Navy
100617 Craft Stampin' Pad - RR Taken with Teal
103083 Embossing Buddy
112082 Punch - Wide Oval
114616 Ribbon, 5/8" Satin - Whisper White
114508 Sizzix Sizzlits 4-pk Die - Lots of Tags (SU! excl)
102892 Sponge Daubers
113792 Stamp Set: Great Friend
116714 Stamp Set: Razzle Dazzle
104430 Stampin' Dimensionals
109130 Stampin' Emboss Powder - Clear
101930 Stampin' Emboss Powder - Iridescent Ice
102283 VersaMark Pad

And the other card for the class is this:

kind & caring_club

Items used:

Item # Description
102851 Card Stock - 8.5x11 - Basic Black
115321 Card Stock - 8.5x11 - Dusty Durango
102599 Card Stock - 8.5x11 - Glossy White
115318 Card Stock - 8.5x11 - Soft Suede
100730 Card Stock - 8.5x11 - Whisper White
115660 Classic Ink Refill - Dusty Durango
115663 Classic Ink Refill - Soft Suede
101179 Classic Stampin' Pad - Basic Black
115657 Classic Stampin' Pad - Soft Suede
104308 Craft Stampin' Pad - Very Vanilla
105826 Mat Pack 4x4
114889 Punch - Scallop Oval
115609 Ribbon, 1/2" Polka-Dot Grosgrain - Dusty Durango
114506 Sizzix Bigz XL Movers & Shapers Dies - Curly Label (2 pk) (SU! excl)
115953 Sizzix Movers & Shapers Punch Windows (4 pk) (SU! excl)
115324 Stamp Set: Kind & Caring Thoughts (Hostess L3)
104430 Stampin' Dimensionals

I hope you all are having a wonderful Sunday...

17 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I"m sure they'll be a hit! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful Claudia! Love your CASE of Robin's card! I guess I'm going to need to learn this technique! The results are fantastic! Well done! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Robin's card and I love your case!!! Similiar looks with completely different techniques! Now I have to CASE both of you!!! Gorgeous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your card and those colors are just awesome!!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job Claudia! You did a beautiful job on CASEing the theme of the card but adding your own personal twist. Your cards are wonderful... :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful BOTH of these cards are! Can I come and take your class? LOL Seriously, I love Robin's card, and your "CASE" is just amazing as well! Fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful take on Robin's card!! You came up with a lovely adaptation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous CASE--this technique is a perfect substitute for the one Robin used.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on your CASE! I loved your 2nd card too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, those are both so gorgeous, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! First of all, thanks for picking me to case - I'm honored! Secondly, I love your card! I have got to do this technique again. Your take on it is simply gorgeous! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oooooh aaaaaaah! this is beautiful!! Stunning card, Claudia!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Love your cards! Great idea to substitute wet embossing for the folder!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are beautiful cards. I love how you cased Robin's card by using heat embossing for the texture element. It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous cards! That technique looks fantastic with the blues!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!