just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Purple & Yellow

This month in the “Stampin’ Success” Magazine (this is a publication for Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators)  there was an article about using the colors Purple & Yellow in your projects… This is not a color combination that I would normally reach for so it had me intrigued…

And while I was reading I also received an e-mail from my SAM (Service Account Manager) Sam :-) asking me if I could make 1-2 samples for an upcoming newsletter and use the SAB stamp set “Vintage Labels”. Of course I wanted to help out!

So I set out on a mission with the requested stamp set, and since I still had the color purple and yellow on my mind, I cam up with 2 cards… But I can only share one with you today (the other one was sent out for a challenge and I need to wait for my partner to receive it)

vintage labels_cp1

Supplies used:

Stamp Sets: Vintage Labels + Vintage Vogue
Card Base = Naturals White
Layers of…. Eggplant Envy and So Saffron (this one was texturized with BigShot and SU! Backgrounds 1 small dots… So Saffron ink was gently sponged over it to highlight the dots some more)
The large flowers were stamped in Eggplant Envy and cut out, the small flowers were stamped in Summer Sun and cut out. The center is a ¼” circle punch in Eggplant Envy with Crystal Effects over it
The Crushed Curry Ribbon is layered on top of the white Satin ribbon.
The Label and greeting were stamped in Eggplant Envy, punched out with Curly Label Punch, and sponged in Eggplant Envy

This is part of the article that I found especially helpful:

1) Beyond the fact that they’re directly across
from each other on the color wheel (which
makes them complementary colors), yellow
and purple seem to complete each other.

2) When you pair shades of purple and yellow
together, they combine to create different
feelings. Pick a darker purple and a vibrant
yellow together for a bold and dynamic
feel.

3) Click on the picture below to get a larger
picture so you can read the details

colors

So go play with those colors and let me know what you come up with!


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card my friend! Into the case file it goes! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claudia: I rarely use those two colors together but really like them after seeing your card! I also love those flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Claudia,

    I have to agree with you about the article on purple and yellow and using the colors on the color wheel. That was very helpful to me too. I love this yellow card you put together - even though there is quite a bit of yellow on it, it looks great with what you did with it, so I don't look at it and say Oh too much yellow - LOL. How cool that the SAM asked you to make a couple projects!! You go girl. Mary L at mklecuyer@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Claudia! Great minds thnk alike....I made something similar with the same set...i have it on my SU site! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for playing in my first challenge!

    Your card is stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!