just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Friday, June 25, 2010

Blogger’s Challenge and more…

This week for our Blogger’s Challenge we were supposed to use the color combination of: Kiwi – Blue – White

So let me start to explain what I did before you look at the card and go “hmmmm?!”

See, I don’t have “Kiwi Kiss” anymore… so I used the NEW “Pear Pizzazz” which I think is the closest I could get. Then I was so excited to use the new In-Color and new color coach that I just went with the “blue” that was suggested on it. And that is “Tempting Turquoise”. After all, it is a form of blue. That’s my story and I’m stickin’ to it!

I’ve also managed to follow a Sketch Challenge, provided by SUDSOL an online group for SU demonstrators. We have lots of different challenges going on there and tons of support. So I was happy to participate in one finally.

Here is the sketch:

SUDSOL sketch

And here is card:

Because I card_challenge 

I am not sure that this pictures does the card justice, but it really is very pretty and sparkly in real!


17 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Great take on the colors/sketch challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I really like the color combo. I'm waiting with baited breath for my inkpads to arrive and getting darned impatient. It doesn't help to see everyone else creating with these great new colors -- love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was good thinking to use Pear!!! Super cute card! Great layout idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Claudia! Thanks for the sneak peek at the new color! Love it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is nice. The pear is a great shade and yes - a close cousin to Kiwi. I also like the distressing around the corners.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super Pretty. This almost looks like a painting. I love the Pear color with the Turquoise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent card...beautifully created. Great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you did this card. The flower is so striking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great color combination! The layered flower is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhh very pretty! Love the turquoise!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful!!!! Those colors are amazing together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a fun card and looks just wonderful in this color combo! I had wondered what some who didn't have Kiwi any longer would do. Well, you stepped up to the plate and did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohh, so pretty. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Claudia! I love that new Pear color too. I'm really digging your layered flower.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your flowers together- the main panel is great- perfect job on the LO and color challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!