just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Techno Stampers Sketch Challenge

Yesterday was Monday and I didn’t get around to make my card for MaryJo’s sketch Challenge.
So before this day is slipping away too, I better start posting! Here is her sketch:

TSSC167

And here is my first card:

ornate blossom_fine flourish2

with Vanilla Seam Binding ribbon.

And this is card #2:

ornate blossom_fine flourish1

with Baja Breeze Seam Binding ribbon.

And I also wanted to share the close up of the image:

ornate blossom_fine flourish_close

Doesn’t that “Ornate Blossom” look very neat?!

Here is what I did:
I’ve inked up the Ornate Blossom stamp with Not Quite Nave CRAFT ink and then I took the un-inked Fine Flourish stamp and pressed it onto the Ornate Blossom stamp.
Doing that will remove ink in the pattern of the Fine Flourish stamp from the Ornate Blossom Stamp… This technique is called “Kissing”. And my stamp club ladies would tell you that you can’t do that technique without actually making a little kissing noise :-) Or maybe it’s just me that can’t do that without the sound?!

Tip:
You might also see the textured panel behind the circle. The Baja Breeze CS was textured with the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing folder. Then I used my Not Quite Navy CRAFT ink spot and ever so careful pulled it straight across the raised texture. I didn’t want to get ink anywhere else, so I worked a little slower…

Supplies
Stamps: Ornate Blossom, Fine Flourish, Wonderfully Worn, Teeny Tiny Whishes
Paper: Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze, Whisper White
Ink: Not Quite Navy and Very Vanilla CRAFT inks
Accessories: Very Vanilla and Baja Breeze Seam Binding Ribbon, Baja Breeze Glass Glitter, Pearls
Tools: Dimensionals, Crystal Effects





3 comments:

  1. Wow, this is stunning. Only three players so far and each of you rocked this sketch!!! I have been sick and have not been able to even get to it yet but I am afraid now--fabulous card! Thanks so much for playing along this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love love the textured panel - great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what I'll have to call your "naked kissing" technique! The uninked Flourish stamp on the inked bold stamp looks great here. WILL TRY! TFS.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!