just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Warmest of Wishes

Today I am going to share you 2 cards that I had demonstrated last Saturday because I knew the hostess(es) liked this specific hostess set. It’s called “Warmest of Wishes” and is from the current Holiday Mini Catalog.

I wanted to use the Halloween Owl right from the beginning and made this easy card:

warmest of wishes_owl

I decided on easy because it was a group of first time stampers and wanted to make sure they knew that they can do that too.

So I stamped the owl in black craft ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder and then used my Pumpkin Pie Marker to color in where needed… The background was textured with the spider web embossing folder and black speckles were added with the color spritz tool and black marker…

I also knew that not everyone would care for Halloween so I made another card ahead of time using the wreath from that same set. It’s the same layout, but different colors:

warmest of wishes wreath

I inked up the wreath in Peach Parfait ink first and then used my Always Artichoke and Early Espresso Markers to go over some of the leaves on the rubber stamp (right over the Peach Parfait ink! You can always add darker on top of lighter ink…). Then I stamped it on white CS, and punched the inside out first using the 1 1/4” circle. Then I used the LARGE scallop circle punch and punched out the wreath…

The images on both cards were popped up, of course!

Come back tomorrow for the way cute project I’ve promised to share Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!