just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Paper Flowers

Hi!  Guest blogger Nance' Seifert here.

I love making paper flowers for cards. I thought I would show you how to make them using punches. Start the flower by punching a circular base using green card stock. I used the Cog punch for my circle (retired). I punched the petals from Daffodil Delight card stock using the Blossom Petals Builder punch (retired). Use a darker color ink and sponge the ends of the petals that will be toward the center. I used Pumpkin Pie ink. Gently score down the middle of the petal with the score tool and fold in half to shape.




Glue the petals side by side around the circle.  Do the same thing for the next two rows, alternating the petals.
To make the center, punch a small circle out of Early Espresso card stock and glue to the center of the flower.  To make the center more realistic, I used the distress tool on the card stock and made a pile of paper fluff.  I glued the fluff to the small circle.  I used a broader shaped punch for the leaves and glued them to the bottom of the flower.


I used Whisper White card stock for my card and embossed it using the "Framed Tulips" embossing folder (retired).I stamped the ferns from the "Butterfly Basics" stamp set using Mellow Moss ink (retired). The longer leaves were cut using the Sizzlit "Little Leaves" die. They were glued to the bottom of the flower.  The flower was placed on the card and secured with dimensionals.



The little butterfly from "Butterfly Basics" was stamped with "Baja Breeze", punched with the "Bitty Butterfly" punch and adhered to the card using dimensionals.  The greeting is from "Sincere Salutations" (retired).  It was stamped directly on the Whisper White card using Early Espresso ink.

This is a fun technique.  It is amazing how many different flowers you can making using punches and colored card stock.  Give it a try!

Supply List

100730 Whisper White Card Stock
119683 Daffodil Delight Card Stock
133676 Mossy Meadow Card Stock
119686 Early Espresso Card Stock

137154 Butterfly Basics Stamp Set
(retired) Sincere Salutations Stamp Set

126945 Pumpkin Pie Ink
(retired) Baja Breeze Ink
126974 Early Espresso Ink
133645 Mellow Moss Ink


(retired) Framed Tulips Embossing Folder 
(retired) Little Leaves Sizzlit 
(retired) Cog Punch 
(retired) Blossom Petal Builder Punch 
129406 Bitty Butterfly Punch
125624 Score tool
126189 Paper Piercing tool
104430 Stampin' Dimensionals
118491 Clear Mount Blocks
110755 Multi Purpose Liquid Glue
126889 Stampin' Trimmer
129407 Stampin' Trimmer Rotary Addition




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!