just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Monday, May 18, 2015

Watercolor Fun!



Hey guys!

This is Sammy filling in for Claudia. I had some trouble logging into my account so I have to use my mom's.

Anyway onto the card! My card is called watercolor fun! I always love the ocean/sea life theme stamps. I had never really seen an underwater themed card with boats! So off I went! As all of us know the blendablities are no longer. :( So I started with watercolor paper and an aqua pen! I soaked the water thoroughly. Then I started painting with Lost Lagoon, then blended the middle with island indigo and finally ending with night of navy. Once I got the color and shading I wanted, I let the paper dry. I then stamped the boat from the open sea in memento so that only the top of the boat showed. Using gorgeous grunge I stamped off in night of navy at the bottom of the page then again at the top of the page with island indigo so that it looked like air bubbles. I wanted it to look like the colors got lighter closer to the top. Finally, I stamped the school of fish (cause we all know there is a ton of fish down there!) in the silver and just placed them all over the page. Once everything was dry I glued the watercolor paper to the back card, which was night of navy. Lastly, I stamped my greeting and used a dementional to pop the greeting off the paper! Then ta-da! You have an underwater card.

Hope everyone enjoyed it. :)

Sammy

Ink: Island Indigo, Lost Lagoon, and Night of Navy
Paper: Night of Navy, Watercolor Paper
Stamps: Open at Sea, Endless Greetings

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!